Wednesday, September 12, 2012

31 Day Challenge 2.0 Day 12

Posted by Starlett Approved at 3:25 PM
Hey sexy people, it's hump day ;) and Day 12 of the challenge. What's the theme? STRIPES!!!! Just in case you were wondering. Gonna be honest with you, because that's how I roll. I was VERY uninspired by this theme. I had no idea what I wanted to do for this challenge until yesterday. When I HAD to finally think of something. One idea was pretty cool but I was lazy and tired and knew I didn't have my all to put into the design. So I shelfed it for a later date and did these.
Mr. Starlett Approved actually helped me with this one. Before 90% of my designs I sketch it out in my little notepad, it makes life so much easier. I did just that with these nails and showed my boo to see if he felt it was stripes appropriate. He pointed out that with it just black and white on the paper it didn't look like stripes. It just looked like a random design thing haha. So I ran with it and said you GENIUS so I should designate a specific color for each line!!! He looked completely confused by my rambling and just nodded his head lol.
I bestowed diagonal lines with Sinful Colors Nail Art Bonjour, horizontal lines with Sinful Colors Nail Art A Slice To Go and vertical lines with Sinful Colors Nail Art Moon Light. Then I had to figure out the base color. My mind went straight to white but I didn't want to do another design with white or even black. I love them but I need to use the other 200+ colors in my collection. Then I thought grey would be great and New York Color Sidewalkers is the PERFECT shade of grey.
I don't do a lot of designs like this one and I REALLY love it. I definitely see myself doing more designs like these in the future. Might I say I'm pretty damn proud of my line work as well. No tape needed WHAT! WHAT! :) Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow! I'm very excited about what I have planned. Lets cross our fingers it goes according to plan haha.

Polishes Used:
  • New York Color Sidewalkers
  • Sinful Colors Nail Art A Slice To Go
  • Sinful Colors Nail Art Bonjour
  • Sinful Colors Nail Art Moon Light
Thanks For Stopping By

7 comments:

Whitney at Dressed Up Nails on September 12, 2012 at 3:41 PM said...

I LOVE THESE GIVE ME THEM.

i seriously love everything about these. the pattern, color combo, everything. gimme now. (you know how i feel about my bright colors and geometric prints!)

Starlett Approved on September 12, 2012 at 4:19 PM said...

Haha okay I'm snatching my nails off right now!! Oh yeah I know :) as soon as I finished my nails I thought of you!!!

gin shivers on September 12, 2012 at 4:24 PM said...

Realy good color combo ;)
And the pattern - pure perfection and it maches ur background AWESOME ;)

xoxo
gin

Unknown on September 12, 2012 at 5:40 PM said...

I love line mani's yours are lovely :)

Starlett Approved on September 12, 2012 at 6:49 PM said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH SWEETS!!! :)

Starlett Approved on September 12, 2012 at 6:50 PM said...

AWWWWW THANK YOU MUCHO BABE! ;)

Unknown on September 13, 2012 at 1:12 AM said...

Gorgeous!! I love these!!

Post a Comment

 

Starlett Approved Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos