Saturday, September 1, 2012

31 Day Challenge 2.0 Day 1

Posted by Starlett Approved at 12:57 PM
Last time around I wasn't that great with nail art and for the first 5 days I just did a solid color, tsk tsk.  I'm not going to do that this time, nail art EVERYDAY baby!  The first day of the challenge is RED! 

As soon as I tried to think of a design to do for today Lush Lacquer Midnight Affair popped into my head.  It had to be a part of my manicure.  I figured Splatter nail art goes perfectly with it.  The bar glitter in Midnight Affair already gives it a splatter look, match made in heaven.

The last time I wore Midnight Affair I used a matte top coat and loved how it looked. That inspired me to do a matte red base with shiny black and white splatter.  Can I just say I LOVE LOVE LOVE the effect it gave the splatter?

The matte base gives the splatter so much depth and texture.  I'm just obsessed with it and will ALWAYS do a matte base with shiny splatter from now on.  Also, how gorgeous is Midnight Affair?  I love the way the red glitters pop against the matte black and white glitters.

I can't get enough of these nails, and they're super easy to do! That's always a win in my book especially when I have to do my nails according to my sons schedule and attitude haha.

Polishes Used:
  • Milani Rapid Cherry
  • New York Color French White Tip
  • Wet n Wild Ebony Hates Chris
  • Lush Lacquer Midnight Affair
  • New York Color Matte Me Crazy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Starlett Approved Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos