Wednesday, December 11, 2013

A Then and Now Christmas Pt. 2

Posted by Starlett Approved at 2:37 PM
Hi there chicas! I know, another post already? But I'm now back on schedule for A Then and Now Christmas. It's day 2 and I'm bringing the holly jolly baby. Today's nails are all about the sweet treat of Christmas, candy canes!!!

The original design was posted December 12, 2011. What!?! Today will make exactly 2 years since I did those nails lol. You can see the post for that here.  I was really looking forward to taking a crack at this design again. There are a lot of things I did differently this time around. 
No candy cane, no peppermint swirl, no tiny beads and I did a pattern of candy cane kisses instead of one big smooch.  The beads were the first to get kicked off the mani. Ugh, I hated dealing with them in the first design. They bled when I put top coat on. Without top coat they fell off like a S.O.B. Wasn't going to deal with that this time, so I swapped it for dots. Much better in my opinion, what do you think?  I went with candy cane stripes because I plan on doing candy canes in another design. The kisses came out so delicious!! I don't know if I want to eat them or kiss them lol. I do think I need more work on my lips though. Maybe a Valentines Hugs and Kisses week would do me some good ;-)

Polishes Used:
O.P.I Die Another Day
Revlon Spirit
Sinful Colors Exotic Green
Models Own 25 Carat Gold
Revlon Black Magic
Sinful Colors Crystal Crushes Emerald Envy

Btw, how pretty is the Sinful Colors Crystal Crushes polish? I will definitely get a couple more colors.  Do you have any of them which shades?

Thanks For Stopping By

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Starlett Approved Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos