Wednesday, October 31, 2012

NYC Halloween 2012 Sweet & Devilish Collection (Swatch/Review & FOTD)

Posted by Starlett Approved at 4:12 PM
Happy Halloween Beauties!!!  As all of you know New York was hit by Hurricane Sandy.  Right now everyone is dealing with the aftermath.  Fortunately my family and I are fine.  There was no major damage in our neighborhood.  While stuck indoors I took advantage and did a few swatches and worked on this Halloween post for you guys.  Warning: There is a lot in this post, I hope you're ready for it :)   Let's start with the nail polishes.
First up is Haunted.  It's a black jelly-creme based polish with tiny round gold glitters.  I only used 2 coats and got full coverage. To get the best out of this polish you have to be very generous with the brush.  Between the texture, the sparse glitter and the fast drying of the polish, if you use too little for each coat it's not going to be pretty.
Enchanted is a frost shade polish with tiny round gold  glitters  It's a bit sheer, I only used 2 coats here, another coat would take care of that little VNL.  It's a lot like Haunted when it comes to application.  The finish is a bit streaky and getting an even distribution of the glitter was difficult.  
All in all I really like both colors but the fact that they're quick dry makes it hard to get the best out of them, in my opinion.
The other item I picked up from the Sweet & Devilish collection was Tempted, a 2 in 1 Lip Color.  When I bought it I thought it could do this really cool and easy gradient look.  Do a red to black or black to red look.
It worked pretty okay on my arm.
Not so much on my lips.  I wasn't feeling it.  Instead for my lips I did red on top, black on the bottom.  I smacked my lips together and it blended the colors in a pretty cool way.
Close up you can see the black within the red as if it was sponged on. The lip color alone is awesome.  It's shiny on it's own which is perfect because gloss would ruin the blending.  
Here is my complete Halloween makeup look, inspired by Tempted.
From a distance the lip color looks like a perfect shade of blood red.  
My costume is very simple, I'm going to be a witch ;).  Micah is going to be a pirate he's been practicing his swashbuckling all week lol.

What I Used:
Face
  • Tarte Smooth Operator
  • Cover FX Total Cover Cream Foundation B25
  • Too Faced Brightening & Perfecting Bronzer Peach Leopard
  • Milani Baked Blush Red Vino


Eyes
  • Makeup Forever Diamond Shadow
  • Urban Decay Heat
  • New York Color Kohl Eyeliner Pencil 926 White
  • New York Color Kohl Eyeliner Pencil 925 Sable
  • Milani Runway Lashes Mascara 106 Black
  • New York Color Liquid Eyeliner 888 Pearlized Black
Thanks For Stopping By! Have Safe and Fun Halloween!

6 comments:

Unknown on October 31, 2012 at 5:26 PM said...

Glad to hear that Sandy didn't effect you and your family.

Enchanted would have been much better if it were a white jelly instead of a frost.

Unknown on November 1, 2012 at 10:41 AM said...

Love the blending on the lip!

Starlett Approved on November 1, 2012 at 10:57 AM said...

Thank you Rhonda.
Yeah the formula with the tiny glitters weren't a perfect combination. Enchanted definitely would've been better as a jelly.

Starlett Approved on November 1, 2012 at 10:58 AM said...

Thank you love <3

Very Emily on November 1, 2012 at 4:13 PM said...

Love your Halloween look! You look GORGEOUS!!! That dark red lip is simply stunning on you! I really like that black glitter. Perfect for the holiday season! x

Starlett Approved on November 1, 2012 at 5:27 PM said...

Thank you boo!! Yeah Haunted is definitely my favorite of the 2!

Post a Comment

 

Starlett Approved Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos