Monday, October 8, 2012

31 Day Challenge Day 2.0 30

Posted by Starlett Approved at 2:45 PM
Oh my goodness I'm exhausted.  Damn Revenge and 666 Park Avenue, making me want to stay up late watching you!  Lets not even talk about my slight OCD with these swatchicles smh.  I can't stop, I want to get it done.  I did manage to pull myself away from the glue gun to do my next challenge manicure, inspired by a tutorial.
I chose this spray bottle splatter tutorial by Manicurator.  My close boo Emily of Very Emily shared this tutorial with me last week, click her name to see her gorgeous spray bottle nail art.  I knew right away I wanted to use it for todays challenge.
I started off with 2 coats of H&M Beauty Bandit after it dried I put 1 thick coat of Sally Hansen Pumping Iron and I used a sponge to lift off the excess.  That alone was so gorgeous, loved the color effect. 
For the splatter I used Wet n Wild How I Met Your Magenta.  It's already a thin polish and I had 2 bottles.  Yeah you noticed the past tense? I killed the whole bottle :(.  I poured it in my empty makeup brush cleaner spray bottle and added nail polish thinner.  I spritzed it from a distance on each nail, too close and it would just look like a splash.  It's a different and very subtle splatter, I actually love that.  I'm happy it didn't come out exactly like a typical splatter, just done in a different way.
I threw on my 4mm silver square BPS studs, because everything is better with studs :). A very messy technique, but I will try it again since I didn't dump the extra out of the bottle.  Have any of you tried or plan on trying this technique out?

Polishes Used:
  • H&M Beauty Bandit
  • Sally Hansen Pumping Iron
  • Wet n Wild How I Met Your Magenta
Thanks For Stopping By!

1 comments:

Unknown on October 8, 2012 at 8:22 PM said...

Very beautiful I love the effect and the colors you used. I must try this technique :)

Post a Comment

 

Starlett Approved Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos