Saturday, December 29, 2012

Then and Now Week 4

Posted by Starlett Approved at 11:23 AM
Hi loves!
Yes I know I've been gone FOREVER.  I'm sorry I disappeared.  Life and the holidays took a hold of me.  It left me with little energy and motivation to do my own nails.  Yesterday I was bit by the inspiration bug and finally did nail art.  So today I have for you my 4th installment of the Then and Now Challenge.
I loved my original design, it was inspired by Hey Nice Nails! They are the reason I fell in love with negative space nail art.  It's so minimalist and modern.  Just super cool to me :).
This time around I didn't choose a design that I could improve on, just do differently.  I was having a hard time figuring out how to change it up.  Then a rainbow graffiti style tape mani came to me all thanks to my dear dear friend, my boo Alexandra aka Algae Veronica
These were very easy to do.  All you need is tape, I used French manicure tape, a makeup sponge and of course the nail colors of your choice.  To help the colors stand out I used a white base before I started sponging on the colors.

I'm going to try to not vanish on you guys again :). Have a great last weekend of 2012!!!


What I Used:

  • Sally Hansen Jewel Overcoat Multi-Faceted
  • Milani White On The Spot
  • Milani Fast Fuchsia
  • Milani Dude Blue
  • Milani Violet Dash
  • Milani Yellow Whiz
  • Milani Black Swift
Thanks For Stopping By!!!

8 comments:

Unknown on December 29, 2012 at 11:35 AM said...

Negative space nail art, love the name and your design :)

nail a college drop out on December 29, 2012 at 12:49 PM said...

um. love!!!!!!

Starlett Approved on December 29, 2012 at 11:27 PM said...

:) Thank you oodles hun!

Starlett Approved on December 29, 2012 at 11:28 PM said...

Hehe thanks babe ;)

Sparkly Rosie on December 30, 2012 at 3:23 PM said...

Random question! But where do you purchase manicure tape from this effect looks amazing! It looks like such a detailed effect with simple steps! Amazing!

Starlett Approved on December 30, 2012 at 3:47 PM said...

You can find it at a drugstore. I got mine from Rite Aid in the manicure/pedicure section.
Thank you so much, that's why I love it. It's not at all hard to do and it looks so cool!

Anonymous said...

I love this! What a cool idea!

Starlett Approved on February 13, 2013 at 9:49 AM said...

Thank you very much doll!

Post a Comment

 

Starlett Approved Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos