Saturday, November 24, 2012

Then & Now Week 2

Posted by Starlett Approved at 1:17 PM
Hey peeps, today I have my second installment of the Then & Now challenge.  I got more rainbow and animal print for you.  I sort of love rainbow and animal print hehe!
I loved the original design, you can see its post here and here on tumblr.  I remember I did these right before Hurricane Irene hit NYC last year.  It's also one of Mr. Starlett Approved's  favorite designs of all time.  He's been waiting for this day a long time haha.
For my first try to get the gradient I just painted each polish in thick stripes and overlapped the colors on my nails.  I used Sally Hansen Hot Yellow, Milani Tropical Fiesta and Milani Breezy.  I used one of those Sally Hansen nail art pens for the leopard print.
This time around I figured out the best way for me to do gradients.  I started with 2 coats of Milani  Yellow Whiz.  Then directly on a makeup sponge I painted vertical lines with Yellow Whiz, Milani Fast Fuchsia and Brucci Gianna's "Rockin" Blue, overlapping just a bit.  I did that about 3 times for each nail and it came out great and didn't take forever.  I like when designs don't take forever :) I used my Cina Black Nail Art Pen for the leopard print.
On the accent nails I used 2 coats of Floss Gloss Dimepiece for the base.  Oh gerd I LOVE it, it's so sparkly!  The formula was thick and coarse, which I don't mind.  That's what makes it so sexy and glittery and I only needed 2 coats for full coverage.  It's just packed to the max with glitter.  Which means I needed 2 coats of Seche Vite to smooth it out.
On top of that, as you can see in this photo, I painted multi-colored leopard print using Yellow Whiz, Fast Fuchsia and GRB.  I was originally going to leave it like this.  Then later on I added the larger black leopard print.  I was worried it would be too much but it's perfect to me.

Have any of you joined in on the challenge?  If so definitely let me know ;)

What I Used:
  • Milani Yellow Whiz
  • Milani Fast Fuchsia
  • Brucci Gianna's "Rockin" Blue
  • Floss Gloss Dimepiece 
  • Cina Black Nail Art Pen
Thanks For Stopping By!

4 comments:

Helen on November 28, 2012 at 2:37 PM said...

So colorful and cute!

nail a college drop out on December 29, 2012 at 12:51 PM said...

this animal print mani looks amazing!

Starlett Approved on December 29, 2012 at 11:29 PM said...

Thank you!!

Starlett Approved on December 29, 2012 at 11:31 PM said...

Thank you so much honey! <3

Post a Comment

 

Starlett Approved Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos