Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Nails Inc. The After Party (Swatch/Review)

Posted by Starlett Approved at 3:26 PM
Salutations Loves!  It's Election Day and I hope you plan on voting if you haven't already.  Gotta practice our civil rights.  I will be voting later with the whole family after Mr. Starlett Approved gets home from work.  For now I bring you nails.
Photo Courtesy of Sephora,com
Swatches of Nails Inc.  The After Party set as well as a simple nail design.  The After Party is available at Sephora for $25.  It includes full size bottles of Disco Lane,  Soho Street and Covent Garden Market.  Lets start in that order...shall we?
Disco Lane is actually why I got this set.  I have nothing like it in my collection and I'm weak for holographic glitter.  Thrown into my favorite color black...I DIE!  Look at all the tiny sparkles.  The glitter does settle on the bottom a little so you have to give it a good shake before using it.  Very smooth formula, full coverage in 2 coats.  It dries matte and has a coarse texture.  For this swatch I used 2 coats of Seche Vite to get the perfect shine.
Next up is Soho Street. The Party Glitter!
The title, very appropriate!  It seriously looks like a party on my fingertips.  This is 1 coat of Soho Street over Sally Hansen Pacific Blue.  This baby is jam-packed with silver, gold, red, blue, green and violet medium hex and small round glitters.  You can easily get full coverage in 2-3 coats.  The glitters are so shiny and reflective my nubs look like tiny disco balls :)
Last but not least Covent Garden Market.
This is officially my favorite red glitter nail polish.  It's that perfect Jessica Rabbit red.  My nubs feel very va va voom with this on.  Good formula, smooth application but a bit thick.  Full coverage in just 2 coats.  A thirsty glitter, it dried matte and I needed 2 coats of Seche Vite for optimal shine and sparkle.
Overall, I love all of these and plan on wearing them often during the holiday season.  I actually started from Halloween :).
My costume color scheme, as you already know was black and red.  So I threw on some red blood drips using Sinful Colors Sugar Sugar over Disco Lane.

Any Holiday Collections/Sets you're looking forward to getting?  I still have my eyes on China Glaze Holiday Joy and some the the Orly Naughty or Nice.

Thanks For Stopping By! Don't forget to get your Vote On!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Starlett Approved Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos